DAIKOKU Rice Cooking Pot
- DAIKOKU GOHAN NABE - 大黒ごはん鍋
"Delicious rice just like rice cooked on Kamado, Japanese hearth."
- - Can be used on a gas stove top and oven.
- - No heat adjustment necessary ! You can cook rice with just one heating level.
- - Rice is cooked faster and fluffier by thermal infrared heating.
- - Great for Zousui (Congee), Nabe (Hot Pot), curry and stew.
- - High heat resistant.
- - Before the initial use: Cook any starch based water (such as flour, rice) and boil on low heat. Turn off after water starts to boil and let it cool.
- * This forms a natural coating on the inner surface of the pot.
- - Do not deep fry !!
- * The Pot is vulnerable to sudden change in temperature. These will cause damage.
- - Do not fry anything in the Pot.
- - The pot becomes very hot while cooking ! Always use with caution.
- - After care: Dry the pot completely before storing.
How to cook Rice
- 1. Wash rice. (Washing rice directly in the pot not recommended)
- 2. Put rice in the pot and pour water up to the designated line. Soak the rice in water for minimum 30 min.
- * Lines indicate each Go-cup. (1-Go rice measurement cup = 180cc)
- * The amount of water and soaking time may vary by rice.
- 3. Cover the pot with the inner and outer lids. Cook on medium high gas heat for 10-15 min and then turn off gas.
- * Cooking time varies by how much rice you cook.
- * You may turn off the gas 30 sec after the steam is at max.
- * If you prefer your rice a little crispy, cook about 1-2 min longer.
- 4. Keep the lids on and allow cooked rice to settle for 10-15 min.
- 5. Stir rice well before serving.